On Saturday 10th August we held the UKA AGM, here are some of the key headlines:
- Full membership increased by 5%, new joiners increased 27% year on year.
- Attendee to member conversion at around 35%.
- New club opening this month and new affiliate group joining the UKA.
- Cash position has improved; the administration committee will use the surplus to:
1. Continue advertising our aikido clubs
2. Payments to Shidoin and Shihan who travel and teach, reducing the cost for clubs.
- Last year achievements include club leader calls, expansion of the technical committee to improve transparency of process and aikido advertising.
- Over the next year we will develop the UKA manual (rules and process), online membership and release all historical summer school videos onto the website by the end of August.
- Members asked for clarity on committee roles, to help those considering joining in. This action was taken by the administration committee.